I think you might be asking why is Kurt, or anyone else for that matter, wasting time writing nerdish blog posts instead of getting wasted. After all there are too many blogs which no one really follows out there anyways. Here are some of my reasons:
- We are all nerds in some way or another.
- Having a blog adds an extra line to my CV.
- In theory blogs should open opportunities such as MVP, career opportunities etc…
- Get more job opportunities. You readers might prefer to hire me rather than a complete stranger.
- Get a following with the idea that people who follow this blog will be tempted to try out any of my future projects.
- Give something back to the community. I’m not a person who would go out of my way to save the whales. But if this is an accident of other benefits then let it be.
- I believe that “If you want to master something you should teach it”. I try my best to encourage team members to share knowledge amongst themselves in my team. Hopefully I’ll master my trade as I try to organize the messed up ideas within my mind.
- This will serve as a repository for storing any ideas that come to mind.
- Almost all nerd heros have a blog in some form or another. Eg Scott Hansleman, Jon Skeet and countless others.
- In reality I’m hoping this won’t take too much of my time and hopefully will be doing this while being wasted anyways.
All in all I hope this will be a win win situation. That’s it for this week, I’ll leave you to enjoy the rest of your day while I finish the rest of my drink.
Stay tuned for more posts to come.